The manufacturing industry contributes a massive part to India’s GDP. India’s gross domestic products at current counts at Rs. 51.23 lakh crores (USD 694.93 billion). In the first quarter of FY22, according to the provisional estimates of gross domestic product for the first quarter of 2021-22. The manufacturing GVA at current prices was estimated at USD 97.41 billion in the first quarter of FY22.
This pandemic has pushed this sector back causing skill gaps. Unfortunately, various manufacturers were exposed to crisis fallouts. Despite manufacturing companies trying their hardest to strengthen and rebound in the post-COVID 19 eras, this has impacted hugely on the existing workforce. To overcome this scenario, manufacturers may opt for Manufacturing ERP Software like Microsoft Dynamics 365 which integrates every aspect of manufacturing under the same platform and hence provides a centralized and streamlined manufacturing experience.
There are multiple ways in which manufacturers have changed the way they operate their business. For example, Manufacturers all over the world had to cut budgets and let workers go to secure their bottom line. Apart from reducing the effectiveness of the remaining workforce, it fundamentally altered the functioning of the organization overall. With limited employees left behind, they have to pick up the slack. This leads to increased workload and adjusting with more than what they are assigned to. And not to mention employee safety becomes the top priority (an even bigger priority than it ever was).
Can Digitalization Address Skill Gaps As-Well-as Safety Compliance?
The manufacturing industry has been transforming even before the COVID 19 pandemic hits the world. It was so rapid that it was even tougher for your workforce to keep up with it. Rapid digital transformation contributes to the growing skill gap on the shop floor as well as brings new challenges to the worker’s safety and productivity.
In simple words, your workforce needs to transform to keep up with it. They need to embrace resilient technology like Microsoft Dynamics 365 that can attract, train, and retain the next generation of workers while embedding skills they need to recreate manufacturing and shape a sustainable future.
The talent hunt needs to be done keeping the uneven and protracted recovery environment to balance productivity and achieve desired business outcomes.
Manufacturers can rejoice now as by integrating suitable productive applications, intelligent cloud services, and security, the industry can easily set its workforce up for victory. This is how digital transformation can help employees fill the skill gap:
- Connecting empowered technicians and remote assets security to troubleshoot issues, therefore dispatching technicians only when required.
- Providing frontline workers with expert assistance remotely to avoid downtime while allowing them to do their best by unifying devices, relationships, processes, and data into intelligent apps, and guiding them securely through the compliance requirements and the most suitable practices.
- Ensuring better productivity with team collaboration tools, remote assists, mixed-reality, AI-enhanced applications, and IoT-enables machines to keep up with the boosted process complexities and operational maintenance.
Technology Transforms Manufacturing Operations
Technology-centered agile businesses ensure business practices from anywhere. This is especially useful for businesses having a workforce scattered remotely and, in the workplace, globally. Research commissioned by Microsoft reveals that 97% of entrepreneurs require more agile and mongrel techniques for working in the longer run. With a dynamic as-well-as cohesive workforce all around the world, businesses have numerous opportunities to encompass a technology-centric approach like Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Manufacturing.
- Manufacturers can balance productivity with remote work. They can reinforce their organizations and frontline workers with robust and intuitive tools delivering a remote, integrated as-well-as in resilient business experience.
- COVID 19 pandemic has raised a grave concern about employee safety and health. As soon as they enter the workplace, their safety and health will be the major priority. Having such technology can help with the health and safety compliance set by the government.
- With the rise of connectivity and mobility, security compliance becomes a big issue. Since the data is more prone to various malware, viruses, etc., manufacturers have to find new ways to keep their data safe. Microsoft Azure ensures bank-level security and backup.
As words, manufacturers have to deploy remote and more agile business practices and optimally boost their productivity. Microsoft Dynamics 365 allows manufacturers to grow and attain excellent customer service while:
- Transforming your workforce by integrating intelligent cloud services, productive apps, and security to reimagine the way you operate your business.
- Engaging more customers with innovation by delivering exponent customer experience throughout marketing, sales, and service channels.
- Creating more robust, secure, and safe factories with IoT (Internet of Things), IT, and industrial IoT.
- Building more flexible supply chains with intelligent supply chain planning ensures more resilient services and profitability.
The world is transforming, and therefore mounting pressure on the manufacturers to address skill gaps in their factories and deliver impeccable services. Centering trust, security, innovation, and compliance, Microsoft, ERP for Manufacturing Industry, enables the digital transformation of your business. Trident Information Systems is a Gold Microsoft Partner. If you are looking for Microsoft implementation, you may contact us.