Do you want to know how your competitors are getting ahead of you with fast and good-quality production? Seems like magic but it’s technology instead. Many big industrialists have adopted advanced technology in their automotive plants i.e., Machine Vision System.
A technology based on AI (Artificial Intelligence) ensures they get the best production. In contrast to traditional inspection methods, where nothing can be done without human assistance, a Defect Detection System ensures you get consistency of work with no human interference. Traditional inspection methods are prone to various challenges such as:
- Inconsistency in inspection due to different perceptions and environmental factors.
- Too much floor space coverage which leads to accidental bumping and slow item transfer.
- Accidental bumping may cause conflicts among workers.
- The absence of workers hampers consistency of work.
- Human eyes may miss certain defaults.
- Delay in reporting is common in human-based inspection.
Traditional inspection cannot match the efficiency of the machine. The Machine Vision System, on all levels, is better. It ensures more fluency, speed, and quality than the old-school methodologies.
Manufacturing Defect Detection Ensures Threefold ROI
With greater accuracy, consistency, low-to-no human dependency, and greater speed, the Machine Vision System can bring you three times more ROI (Return on Investment).
- Consistency of work: One of the major benefits Manufacturing Inspection Software provides is consistency. Even if your staff is absent, the flow of work remains consistent, 24/7. This technology helped during the most unexpected times i.e., the COVID pandemic.
- Low risk of errors: The risk of errors declines with a low human interference rate. Hence, you can get speedy and error-free production to provide defect-proof items to the customers.
- Free floor space: With less human dependency, the floor space remains free which leads to a smoother flow of moving goods. Furthermore, there are extremely low risks of employees bumping into one another and getting involved in unnecessary fights.
- Fast Reporting: The machine flashes an alert as soon as there is a defective product on the conveyor belt. It is much faster than a human-based inspection.
How Does Machine Vision System Work?
A Vision Inspection System relies on digital sensors protected within the industrial camera. It acquires images and specified optics to let the software and computer hardware analyze, process, and calculate different characteristics to support final decisions.
An AI-based Machine Vision Inspection such as the Vision Intelligence System by Trident Information Systems does not need consistent modifications as it can detect defects with accuracy in a similar environment. It successfully eliminates human interference and allows an ongoing, 24/7, and accurate quality inspection.
How Vision Intelligence System Detects Defects with Consistency?
Being one of the most competitive industries, automotive manufacturers require technology that rockets them ahead in the competition. The Machine Vision System can be their knight in shining armor. It can detect:
- Visual defect detections: dents, scratches, burr, and chips.
- Dimensions: dimensional accuracy i.e., if a product is in the right shape and size.
- Spectrum monitoring: it checks if the product is in the right spectrum of color or not.
- Labeling: Detects if the labels are present in the right place.
- Barcodes: OCR/ DMC/QR/ Barcode reading etc.
- Measure, gauge, guide measures the angle of O tips, dimensions of the outer and inner diameters of O rings, as well as the edges and label positions.
Why Vision Intelligence System?
Trident’s Vision Intelligence System ensures a tangible and valuable Manufacturing Intelligence System which helps produce better quality products and processes. The best part is it minimizes waste by providing valuable insights into how you can enhance your quality with the least wastage. Furthermore, you can get a lot of tangible and intangible benef